Howdy!

In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.

Friday, August 12, 2011

God Bless America!

So I know that Hillary and my mom are probably the only ones that read this blog of mine but Im going to write this anyway. Last week a boy from my hometown was killed in Afghanistan. I didn't know him personally but he was a senior in high school when I was a sophomore so we went to school together. I don't know his family. I know nothing about him except that he died to protect me and my family. So this has made me think a lot about the things I am thankful for. I have kind of made a little list. I know that this does not even begin to cover the things I am thankful for but they are the big things.

MY FAMILY
I am so thankful that I was born into a family that has so much love for me. I don't know what I would do without my mom and dad. They are the biggest examples to me and I hope that when I grow up I be as great as they are. They have taught me things that have helped turn me into the person I am today and I love them so much. My brothers are also great examples to me. I love all three of them sooooooo much and I really look up to them. There are also many grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins that I cant even name that are also equally amazing and I love all of them as well.

MY GOD
I am freaking proud to be a Mormon and I don't hide it. I am so thankful for my church! I love it and I dont know where I would be without it. I know that the church is true and that families are forever. I know that when we are all dead that I will still be with my family. There are so many aspects of the church that I could mention here because I am thankful for them all. There are not even words to describe how I feel about my beliefs. Happy. Joyful. Excited. I dont know. I get so happy every time I read my scriptures and find something I never saw before. I learn something new every single time. I am so thankful for the Prophet. I know that he gets direction directly from God. I love to listen to his voice and the voice of all the 12 Apostles because I know who their words are coming from. I am thankful for missionaries and the work they are doing. I am so excited for others to know the things that I know. I am thankful for my church because it is something that makes me happy and I know that it is the only true church on the earth today.

MY COUNTRY
 I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

I am proud to be an American. I am so thankful that I live in a country where I have so many freedoms. I think I take that for granted occasionally. I dont realize that there are people in the world that can't say, do, or have the things that I can. I am thankful that my parents are also proud to be Americans and taught me the importance of being respectful during things like The Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem and to stand when the American Flag comes by during parades. I am also thankful for all the men and women that fight for the freedoms that I enjoy. Im thankful for the ones that have died to protect me.
 Like I said there is so much more that I could talk about right now. I could list a million things that Im thankful for. Socks, food, water, beds, blankets, cars, walmart, school, friends. It would take too long to say everything. But I guess thats all for now. Peace and blessings.




1 comment:

  1. Ummm u forgot to be thankful for CJ's. :) oh and your mom and Hillary were not the only ones to read your blog! Lol

    ReplyDelete