Howdy!

In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Family


So I realized that I talk a lot about my family but I don't think that I have ever really said much about them really. So here's to you family. I miss you guys!!


My Parents

My mom and dad are the greatest parents in the entire world. I don't care who you are or if you think your parents are the best, you are simply wrong. Mine are the most bestest parents a child could ask for. My parents celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary this year!!! And the best part is that they are still in love! I know this not only because they like to make out in front of us kids to gross us out but because of the small things they say about and do for each other. A few years ago my mom went on a cruise to Mexico with her BFF and left my brothers and I home with dad for a little over a week. Now, we love our dad but we love mommas cooking better than his. So it was a strange week spent eating new inventions but at least we didn't starve. I remember when we were getting ready for church this particular week I put on some lotion. It smelled good so I, being an annoying teenager, stuck my arm up by my dad's face and said "Smell". He did and then he said "Don't put that on anymore until your mom gets back. You smell like her." Awe! He missed her! I don't think he even remembers it but I do because It reminded me that my dad loved my mom. Even though he gets annoyed when she throws away his mail before he looks at it and sometimes she doesn't cook dinner, He still loved her. I just remember thinking that I wanted to find someone that will love me just like my dad loves my mom. My mom loves my dad too. Recently he has been going out of town for work and has to leave my mom and the boys for days at a time. I am sure that this is hard for him, although he has never told me that it is. My mom however, has told me about how she misses him when he is gone. I remember like the first time he left I was talking to my mom about how I had kissed a boy or something like that and she said "Stop talking about kissing. It's making me miss your dad."   LOL I laughed but I still remember it because she missed him. Even though he leaves his socks and boots laying around and sometimes he smells, she still loves him. I also want to find someone that I love just the same way my mom loves my dad. They have both been excellent examples. I will not say that they are perfect. Nobody is... But they try to do the right things and teach their children to do the same. I have learned a lot from my parents that I don't think I could have learned anywhere else or from anyone else. They are also excellent providers and protectors. I don't remember much about being a little kid. I think I blocked a lot of it out for reasons I won't mention right now. But I don't remember going without. I know that I probably didn't have a lot of things that I wanted, but I had all the things that I needed. There are countless times when one or both of my parents did something to protect me which I am also grateful for. They are just awesome!!! That's about all there is to it... They know what they are talking about which I didn't realize until recently either. I could go on and on about how awesome they are, but I think you get my point. I love my mom and my dad so so much!!




My Brothers



I am the very proud sister of three little brothers. Now, I say little because they are all younger than me, but they are bigger than I am. First we have Kyle. He is 18 years old and just graduated from high school. He is working to save money for his mission, which I am proud that he has decided to serve. I love all my brothers but Kyle and I have been together for the longest which I think brings a special bond. We hate each other at times, and it was a lot worse when we were younger, but we are a team and I am glad that I could grow up with a brother like him. Even though he does a lot of things to annoy me, I know that he loves me. During my senior year in high school, Kyle was a junior. We were both part of the DECA Club at our school. I had written like a 15 page project on a fashion promotion idea for a local company that I was competing with at our state competition. Kyle and I both were at the state competition so it was a lot of fun. So after presenting my project and hours of waiting, it was finally time for them to announce who would go to nationals from my group they called us all up onto the stage. There were only five people in my category and only the top two would go to Kentucky for Nationals later in the year. I only had to beat out 3 other people to make it. They said that they would announce the top three even though only the top 2 could go... So they said the third place winner and it wasn't me. I was sure that I was probably number 4 or 5 so I was kind of disappointed but proud of myself too. So when I heard the words "And in second place, headed to Louisville Kentucky, from Uintah High School, KELSEY HUGHES!" I almost freaked out! I was so excited! Everyone from my school was on their feet cheering and doing the "Hey Uintah! How do we feel?" cheer. I finally made my way off the stage and the first person to hug me was my brother Kyle. He had a tear in his eye and he said "Good job Sis." He was proud of me. He was so cute. I remember my friend Robin telling me that he was screaming "That's my sister! That's my sister!" It was real tender. I know that he loves me and is proud of me when I do well. I am proud of him also and I love him a lot.

The next in line is Kody. He just turned 17 years old and is a junior in high school this year. Us three were born pretty close together so we have done a lot together. I never got to go to school with Kody which I kind of hate, but he seems to be a pretty nice boy to others. He sticks up for our little brother Karson when kids are mean to him, and I know he would do anything to protect me. When were younger and would go to our grandparents house during the summer, we would play at the park behind their house a lot. We would make up plans to get away from bad guys and Kody would always say that he would sit on them while we would pull their hair or kick them places... LOL. He was always a funny kid and he still is. I love Kody because he always makes me laugh. Like the time when he told me the entire story about having his appendix removed and I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. He always has the perfect comeback to anything that anyone says. He is quite and shy at times, but with the fam he wont shut up. But I love him for that. I do remember when he was younger that I would try to carry him everywhere with me but then he got too big. Now every time he hugs me he has to lift me up and move me. My most favorite times with Kody happen in the car. One day I had gotten in the truck, put my seat belt on and shut the door. I was in the front seat and I guess Kody wanted to sit there so he opened the door, undid my seat belt and then lifted me out of the truck and put me in the back seat. I was laughing so hard I couldn't fight back! I am so proud of this brother also and I know that he loves me. I miss him a lot.

Last, but not least, we have the baby in our family, Karson. Karson is 12 years old and he is a crazy!!! This is a boy that is obsessed with Sharks and wants to be a Marine Biologist when he grows up. I am 7 and a half years older than Karson, so I remember when he was born. I remember my grandma taking me and the other boys to the hospital to see him. His eyes were wide open, just looking at everything. It was like he was thinking "So these are the kids that talked to me and touched me and couldn't wait for me to get here!" He is really spoiled, and us older kids like to blame that on our mom, but I know that we are also responsible for him being that way. He never went without having someone to hold him. I loved to help my mom with him. I always wanted to change the diaper or help with the bath. My favorite was when my mom would take him out of the bath and put baby lotion on him. He would just laugh and then stand up and jump on the bed. When he was like 2 he told my mom he wanted a "Yellow Dog" for Christmas. That's all he talked about was having this yellow dog. We were sitting out on the trampoline one day and my mom asked what he would name this yellow dog. He said "Um.... Yellow Dog." He was so cute! It was kind of like a "Duh Mom" moment and I love to think about it. For Christmas he got a stuffed yellow dog and he took it everywhere. He had to have Yellow Dog with him when he slept and when we went on trips. This one time we were headed to Grandma and Grandpa Thompson's house for Thanksgiving. Karson was still in his car seat so he had to be like 3 probably. We were almost there, with only about an hour left to go of our drive and Karson bursts out with "I FORGOT MY YELLOW DOG!" It was a sad moment in Hughes History. He was one sad cookie. He wanted to go back and get him because "he was gonna be so scared without anyone home with him." My mom said he would be fine and we finished our visit with family and headed back to Vernal. When we got home Karson had to check on Yellow Dog. Good thing he didn't get too scared :) He has always been such a tender Lil boy. He would cry when we yelled at each other, and he always gave me hugs and kisses. I love this little boy so much even though he isn't so little anymore and he has started to smell like a yucky big boy. He is my most favoritest 12 year old on this planet. And I miss him SO much. He is the only one that said he was gonna miss me when I moved away. The other boys miss me but I know that Karson misses me a lot and I miss him. We have been pretty tight because I was the only girl and he was the baby. The big boys didn't wanna play with either of us so we played together. He was so good at barbies and dolls ha ha. I love Karson!!!

Even though I always wanted a sister and never got one, which use to annoy me, I love my brothers more than anything in the entire world. I know that they will always be there for me and that they love me. They are such excellent examples to me and I hope that maybe one day I can be that awesome for them. That's all. That's my family. They are amazing. I could go on forever about them, but I think I can be done for now. Peace and blessins Peace and blessins.

No comments:

Post a Comment